Affiliate Disclosure: I receive a small commission for purchases made via affiliate links.
I recently posted a Skincare Ingredient Bracket on Instagram. This is a bit like a tournament – for each match-up, you pick your preferred skincare ingredient, and then at the end your favourite ingredient wins. It’s pretty fun to fill in!
I also polled my Instagram followers on their picks for each match-up, so we could see what the most popular ingredient was – there were a few upsets along the way, and some pretty difficult choices. The discussions were pretty interesting, so I decided to use it as the basis of this video.
This is a pretty laid back video – I briefly go through what I think of each skincare ingredient and why I chose each winner. I also go through the popular vote, along with some thoughts about the results.
More comprehensive posts on some of the ingredients:
- Vitamin C – what does it do for your skin?
- What is hyaluronic acid and how does it work in skincare and makeup?
- Why Benzoyl Peroxide Is a Great Acne Treatment
- Skincare Ingredient Spotlight: Centella Asiatica
- Activated Charcoal in Skincare: The Science
- Snail Slime Skincare Science
- Antioxidants in Skincare: What Do They Do?
- All About Bee Venom and Honey in Skincare
- What Is Niacinamide and What Does It Do in Skincare?
- All About Over-the-Counter Differin (Adapalene) for Acne
- My Routine for Starting on Tretinoin (Retin-A) Cream (with video)
- Sunscreen Ingredients (Lab Muffin Guide to Basic Skincare sample chapter)
Here’s the blank version of the bracket – scroll down for the results of the popular vote, and and my version (you might want to fill yours in first if you haven’t already, so you’re not influenced by seeing what other people thought!).
Did you enjoy the bracket? Should I do another bracket on a different topic? Let me know your thoughts!