I can’t believe it’s been a year since the last piCture pOlish Blog Fest! This year, no new shades are being launched but we’ve been asked to create a nail art tutorial featuring piCture pOlishes. I’ve used Hope, Dorothy and Ruby Blou to make an easy and bold striping tape design:
What I used:
– Striping tape (silver, from eBay)
– Polish: piCture pOlish Hope and Dorothy, and ulta3 Black Satin
– Small scissors
– Top coat (Seche Vite)
Glitter gradient accent:
– Base colour (ulta3 Black Satin)
– Glitter in a clear base (piCture pOlish Ruby Blou)
– Cotton bud aka Q-tip
1. Paint on your base colour (I used piCture pOlish Dorothy, a red microglitter shade)
2. Roughly paint on the other blocks of colour. I used the bottle brushes of piCture pOlish Hope and ulta3 Black Satin to do this, but if it’s too fiddly, you can use a thin nail art brush. It doesn’t have to be perfectly straight, because the edges will be covered in striping tape. If you’re patient, you can block off the colours with regular tape. If it’s uneven, put on some smoothing top coat at this point to even it out.
3. Wait for the polish to dry. Cut the striping tape just a tad longer than you need. Using the tweezers, position the tape where you want, then press it down gently with the tweezers. Trim the excess with the scissors.
4. Cover with top coat and you’re done!
For the glitter gradient accent, I used the technique from my cotton bud glitter gradient tutorial.
I really liked this manicure – it’s bold but effective, and pretty easy to do! Check out all the other Blog Fest manis:
The polishes were provided for the purposes of Blog Fest 2013, which did not affect my opinion. For more information, see Disclosure Policy.