If you’re wondering what the difference is between all of the different acne patches around, and whether they even work, you’re not alone – I get asked this a lot, so I made a video about them!
I was also itching for an excuse to use my microscope again, so there are some fun(?) closeups of microneedle patches. I was surprised to see that all the brands I had used very different microneedle shapes.
In this video I cover:
- Benefits of acne patches
- Advantages, disadvantages and tips for using each type:
- Acne treatment patches
- Microneedle patches
- Which patch on which spots?
The YouTube video is here. If you just want to gawk at the microscope footage, go straight to 0:00 and 6:42.
Some products I’ve tried that I quite liked:
- Hero Cosmetics Mighty Patch Original (hydrocolloid)
- Hero Cosmetics Mighty Patch Invisible+ (thin hydrocolloid)
- Cosrx Acne Pimple Master Patch (hydrocolloid)
- Pharmacoll (large hydrocolloid)
- Acropass Trouble Cure (microneedle)
- ZitSticka Killa Pimple Patches (microneedle)
- Vice Reversa Pimple Patches (microneedle)
Are you a fan of acne patches, or are you more into traditional spot treatments? Which ones work best for you? Also, what else should I use my microscope on next?
Some of these products were provided for review, which did not affect my opinion. This post also contains affiliate links – if you decide to click through and support Lab Muffin financially (at no extra cost to you), thank you! For more information, see Disclosure Policy.