Affiliate Disclosure: I receive a small commission for purchases made via affiliate links.
If you’re wondering what the difference is between all of the different acne patches around, and whether they even work, you’re not alone – I get asked this a lot, so I made a video about them!
I was also itching for an excuse to use my microscope again, so there are some fun(?) closeups of microneedle patches. I was surprised to see that all the brands I had used very different microneedle shapes.
In this video I cover:
- Benefits of acne patches
- Advantages, disadvantages and tips for using each type:
- Acne treatment patches
- Microneedle patches
- Which patch on which spots?
If you just want to gawk at the microscope footage, go straight to 0:00 and 6:42.
Some products I’ve tried that I quite liked:
- Hero Cosmetics Mighty Patch Original (hydrocolloid)
- Hero Cosmetics Mighty Patch Invisible+ (thin hydrocolloid)
- Cosrx Acne Pimple Master Patch (hydrocolloid)
- Pharmacoll (large hydrocolloid)
- Acropass Trouble Cure (microneedle)
- ZitSticka Killa Pimple Patches (microneedle)
- Vice Reversa Pimple Patches (microneedle)
Are you a fan of acne patches, or are you more into traditional spot treatments? Which ones work best for you? Also, what else should I use my microscope on next?
Some of these products were provided for review, which did not affect my opinion. This post also contains affiliate links – if you decide to click through and support Lab Muffin financially (at no extra cost to you), thank you! For more information, see Disclosure Policy.