The Style Theorists recently did a video where they tried to test sunscreen “scientifically”, including… in a tanning bed. A lot of people sent it to me, so I filmed a video reacting to it! You can watch it here.
Some of the topics covered:
- People should wear more sunscreen
- Sunscreen absorbing into blood
- Coral reefs and science by press release (and that NOAA page)
- Sunscreen pricing and marketing jargon
- How they control the variables in an actual SPF test
- Why tanning beds are the worst possible setup for an SPF test
Unfortunately I don’t think this video translates well to text, so there won’t be a blog post version!