Affiliate Disclosure: I receive a small commission for purchases made via affiliate links.
I was looking at some old blog posts and realised that it’s been over a year since I last posted my evening skincare routine. So I thought it would be interesting to go through it and see which products changed, which ones stayed the same, and whether I still agree with the skincare principles that the younger, less wise Michelle of 2019 believed in.
Key points if you can’t watch the video:
- I still don’t share my skincare routine that often, but in addition to the reasons from last year I also think it gives the wrong impression to show all the products I’m testing – ideally a skincare routine shouldn’t change that often!
- My general routine hasn’t changed, even though the individual products have, for various reasons
- My skin has changed slightly – mostly it’s gotten much more used to tretinoin now, so I’m back to using regular strength chemical exfoliants more regularly
Products I’ve been using in my current routine that I’ve consistently used for more than 2 months:
- Then I Met You Living Cleansing Balm
- The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser
- Then I Met You Soothing Tea Cleansing Gel
- Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser (Foaming)
- Stieva-A 0.05% Tretinoin Cream
- Laneige Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer (aka Cream Skin Refiner)
- Jordan Samuel Skin The Performance Cream
- Bioderma Sensibio Light Soothing Cream
- Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive Superfoods Stress Repair Face Cream
- Kate Ryan Total Nutrition Night Repair Complex
- Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
- Ultraceuticals Ultra Brightening Serum
- Biologique Recherche Lotion P50
- Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Universal Daily Peel Pads
- Paula’s Choice C25 Super Booster
- Jurlique Activating Water Essence
- Avène A-Oxitive Antioxidant Defense Serum
- Indeed Labs Bakuchiol Reface Pads
- La Clinica Essentials Hydrating & Healing Serum
- Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask
- NIOD Flavanone Mud
- Kate Somerville Exfolikate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment
- Skinfood Pineapple Peeling Gel
- Bio Essence Bio-Water Micellar Water
- Nuface Trinity Device
Many of these products were provided for review, which did not affect my opinion. This post also contains affiliate links – if you decide to click through and support Lab Muffin financially (at no extra cost to you), thank you! For more information, see Disclosure Policy.