Here’s a special event for all the sunscreen nerds!
I’ve teamed up with Jen of The Eco Well to organise the Sunscreen E-Summit, which is happening 15 May! This is a FREE event featuring some incredible speakers that you’d normally have to pay expensive conference fees to learn from, including academic researchers, ingredient supplier representatives, sunscreen formulators and regulatory experts. It’s a virtual event that’ll run on The Eco Well’s Discord server.
- 8:15 am EST: Conference Start
- 8:25 am EST: Introduction by Jen Novakovich
- 8:30-9:10 am EST: Sunscreen Mythbusting by Michelle Wong, Ph.D. of Lab Muffin Beauty Science
- 9:10-9:50 am EST: Regulatory Update by Meredith Petillo of Independent Beauty Association
- 9:50-10:30 am EST: Organic Filter Innovations, by Marcel Schnyder, Ph.D. of BASF
- 10:30-10:45 am EST: break
- 10:45-11:25 am EST: A Global Understanding of SPF Testing Current and Future by Chelcie Mejia and Nicki Kauffmann of Eurofins CRL Cosmetics
- 11:25-12:05 pm EST: Inorganic Filter Innovations, Abhijit Bidaye from Croda
- 12:05-1 pm EST: Lunch Break
- 1-1:40 pm EST: Formulating and Launching Sunscreen Products, Menas Kizoulis from Neutrogena
- 1:40-2:20 pm EST: Sunscreen Coral Reef Research Update, by Emily Burns, Ph.D. of PCPC
- 2:20-3 pm EST: UV and its Association with Skin Cancer in Darker Skin Types updates, by Adewole Adamson, MD
- 3:15-4:15 pm EST: Final Panel. Topic – the impact of misinformation on the sunscreen sector. Speakers: Michelle Wong, Ph.D., Thomas Myers of the PCPC, and Myriam Sohn, Ph.D. of BASF. Moderated by Jen Novakovich.
Speaker biographies are here. There’s question time after each talk, replays will be available afterwards as well!
Registration is here. Please share this with anyone you think might be interested!
Huge thanks to our speakers and event sponsors, whose support has made it possible for us to keep this event free for all attendees! Special shoutout to our SPF 50 sponsor Deciem, and SPF 30 sponsors Neutrogena and Croda.