Affiliate Disclosure: I receive a small commission for purchases made via affiliate links.
Beauty Expo Australia was on September 8th and 9th this year, at the International Convention Centre in Sydney. This is one of my favourite events each year! As well as a trade show, there are presentations and demonstrations galore.
Educational sessions are the highlight of the expo for me! There are dedicated education sessions that go for 75 minutes each in separate rooms, as well as 20 minute short presentations that are free to attend in the main hall. The longer education sessions cover professional skills, anti-ageing/dermal and business topics, while the short presentations are divided into makeup & grooming and anti-ageing categories. Additionally, there are 2-3 hour in-depth workshops as well for developing your skills further.
A selection of the cool presentations this year:
- Bronzy Skin, Fluffy Brows and Lashes with Mia Connor of Poni Cosmetics (free session)
- Long-lasting Natural Makeup with Ere Perez
- The A-lister Secrets for Red-Carpet Ready Skin with Philip Luque of Youngblood Cosmetics
- Skin health technology of the future – skin microbiome science with Theresa Tobin of Laviol Skincare Solution
- The Latest in Vitamin C Technology with Dr Shiva Farabi of Ultraceuticals
- Flawless Base with Carol Mackie and Ocea McKenzie of MAC
- Ingredient Revolution with Dawn Clifford of Image Skincare
- Novel anti-ageing ingredients and formulation technology with Dr Geoffrey Heber of Ultraceuticals
- Advanced social media bootcamp: How to build your brand and make more sales on Facebook and Instagram with Heather Porter of Digital Voice
- Perfect your lash technique with Jessika Brigginshaw of Brow Squad
- Beautiful numbers: removing the fear of financials with Matt Williams of Professional Beauty Solutions
- 9 sure-fire freelance business smarts: Take your beauty biz to a whole new level with Jay Chapman of The Zing Project
The trade show always has a ton of expo-only specials, including a lot that aren’t on the website, and seeing the products in person is much more enlightening than trying to work it out when you’re buying online. There were a lot of people with suitcases full of purchases!
I personally picked up a bunch of foot peels, some make-up and sectioning clips. I was so tempted to buy a light-up mirror with dimmable lights from Glamour Makeup Mirrors but then I remembered I didn’t have space in my house for a big-ass mirror even if it did have drawers and charging ports on it (be still my heart!).
Next year’s Beauty Expo will be on the 24th and 25th of August – set the dates in your calendar!
I was invited as a guest to this event, which did not affect my opinion. For more information, see Disclosure Policy.