I’ve had a lot of the questions on my DIY hand sanitiser video, and even though I tried to answer as many as I could, a lot of people kept asking the same ones… so here are the answers in an easy-to-find place! It includes a video demo of the Alcohol Calculator.
Here are the topics I cover in the video:
- 1:01 Issues with DIY sanitizers
- 2:19 Can I add aloe vera/moisturiser/vitamin E oil/whatever to my hand sanitizer?
- 4:15 Where is the link to the alcohol calculator?
- 4:27 How do you use the alcohol calculator?
- 5:23 Will ingredients other than alcohol sanitise hands?
- 5:35 Is alcohol-based hand sanitizer better or soap and water?
- 5:54 What’s the difference between ethanol and isopropanol?
- 6:29 Alcohol concentration is just enough?
- 6:44 Alcohol concentration is too low?
- 7:06 Methylated spirits?
- 7:25 Can you use detergent instead of soap to wash your hands?
- 7:59 How can you disinfect surfaces?
- 8:38 How can you boost your immune system?
I’ll be back next week with a regular beauty science video, free of current affairs!