One of my goals for this year is to organise my life, and one of the big things is to declutter. With this in mind, I’ve recently embarked on a Project Pan in the interests of decluttering, reducing my environmental footprint and saving money (good ol’ student budget).
For those of you not familiar with the concept, Project Pans are where you force yourself to use up a certain number of products before buying any more – actually, how it happened was that the boyfriend decided I had too much stuff, and I accidentally told him that Project Pans existed, and he told me I was officially on one up to 100, and that was that.
I’m not sure I’ll make it to 100 because I love buying All The Things – I’ll probably pause at a nice round fraction of 100 (25, 33.3 or 50). I have a habit of not using the last bits of product, so I’ve got a lot of almost-empties to begin with! This is what I’ve used up so far, and what I thought of them:
1. Kosmea Skin Clinic Rose Hip Oil* (reviewed earlier here) – This has been great for my skin. Loved it, will buy again!
2. My Beauty Diary Mixed Berry Mask – These cloth masks are great for plumping up my skin for about a day, but all the varieties are pretty similar to me. I have a variety box of these to get through.
4. Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover – This was the only thing that could easily remove my favourite Covergirl Lash Blast Waterproof mascara, but it’s a tad greasy in my opinion. Will repurchase for removing stubborn makeup.
5. CND Stickey Anchoring Base Coat – This was ok, but I prefer Orly Bonder – it chips a lot less on my nails.
6. Wicked Wix Organic Sandalwood and Lime mini candle (reviewed earlier here) – I’m not really a fan of sandalwood but I liked this candle! I’m saving the cute jar, and the lid is really useful for snuffing out lidless candles. (I’m including candles in my Project Pan since I have a massive candle habit that needs to be gotten under control!)
7. Missha Super Aqua Refreshing Cleansing Foam – This sample lasted me 4 washes, leaves my face squeaky clean but not tight. Not bad but not sure if I’d purchase the full size. (I’m counting samples as 1 in this, since it’s my first Project Pan.)
8. SoFresh Milk & Honey Towelettes – These surprisingly make my legs super grippy for pole! I also use them for everything – cleaning my face, wiping off hand swatches, getting grip aids off my legs after pole.
9. My Beauty Diary Pearl Powder Mask – Again, this is nice for plumping my skin. I think this is meant to whiten my skin, but I can’t tell the difference between this and the other versions.
10. Vitafive CPR The Frizzy Solution Sulfate-Free Shampoo – I bought this for helping my keratin treatment (which I talked about here) last longer. It’s a bit too gentle for me to use with my every-second-day schedule (I have oily hair and exercise every second day), but it’s good for when my hair is in that borderline not-sure-if-I-should-wash-it state.
Have you ever done a Project Pan? Do you have any other suggestions for decluttering?
Products marked * were provided for editorial consideration, which did not affect my opinion. For more information, see Disclosure Policy.