I had so much fun sticking stuff to my nails last week, I decided to continue this week:
The theme is “inspired by nature”, so I snipped a frond of my mum’s maidenhair fern (don’t tell her!) and stuck them onto a base of creamy OPI Skull & Glossbones.
1. Paint nails with base, let dry
2. Cut a piece the size you want
3. Paint a nail with regular clear polish or topcoat
4. Squish the fern on – if you’re feeling posh use an orangewood stick, but I just used my finger, hoping that Seche Vite would smooth it out later, which it did. I think a stick might actually make more noticeable dents in the base if you aren’t careful.
5. Cover with Seche Vite or other thick topcoat.
Maidenhair ferns are delicate creatures and wither quickly, so you want to cut your fern just before you use it or it gets hard to handle. They also darken a lot when they touch topcoat, so keep that in mind when choosing a base.
A bittersweet Artsy Wednesday announcement: Sofie of Swaafie is going on an overseas adventure which means she can’t polish her nails as regularly anymore. Watch the space below for a new Artsy Wednesday member!
More pastoral on nails: