Affiliate Disclosure: I receive a small commission for purchases made via affiliate links.
I’ve done another video! It’s becoming quite addictive, I’m liking the change of pace. This is my first review video. I talk about five products I’ve actually managed to finish, so they’re the cream of the crop when it comes to favourites. I try out a stupid amount of products for reviewing (way more than what actually turns up on my blog – some products just don’t excite me enough to write about), so finishing off products isn’t something I manage to regularly do. (Remember when I used to try to do Project Pans and finish off 100 products before opening new ones? HA).
The products I talk about, with purchase links (* means PR sample originally, though I’ve since purchased all of these again):
- Ultraceuticals Daily Moisturiser (Mattifying) SPF 30*: The best sunscreen I’ve ever tried, very close to my One True Unicorn Sunscreen. I mentioned it when I did my Ultraceuticals RVR90 treatment. I haven’t tried the SPF 50+ version yet but I’m curious about the texture.
- Etude House Lip & Eye Remover: My favourite from the Korean brand two-phase make-up remover showdown.
- NIOD Photography Fluid*: Flaw- and oil-hiding magic illuminator for mixing with foundation, reviewed in my NIOD roundup and in my makeup routine.
- Schick Intuition Razor*: Reviewed here, I’ve actually used way more than the two shown in the video.
- Daiso Cotton Puff: Really good makeup remover pads, excellent bargain (don’t buy it from the link if you have a Daiso nearby, it’s much cheaper at Daiso).
On the video improvement front, I’ve bought a backdrop that hasn’t quite flattened out yet. You can see the folds, I tried to iron it but got impatient, turned up the heat too high and discovered it was thermoplastic – it started acting like a Shrinky Dink so I gave up. Hopefully letting it hang in the sun will do the job.
I also moved the camera back a little and cropped the video to try to eliminate weird lens distortion (thanks to the Redditor who suggested this!).
I also tried filming my hands using products but it got a little clunky trying to reach around the tripod.
Also, how good do my eyebrows look? I got my brows microbladed about 3 weeks ago and will have my touch-up session next week, I’ll be posting all about that soon!
I’ve started planning my next video, and it’s another sciencey one with animations and bad analogies. I’m enjoying reworking my older content for videos – having some distance from those topics has given me room to reflect on them a bit more and discover new ideas and ways of thinking about them (and more terrible analogies… thinking up the right analogies for explaining everything ever is pretty much my drug of choice now). Hopefully it comes across in the video!
Products marked * were provided for editorial consideration, which did not affect my opinion. This post also contains affiliate links – if you decide to click through and support Lab Muffin financially (at no extra cost to you), thank you! For more information, see Disclosure Policy.